Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Three Oh!

Today I'm 30! Ironically I feel exactly like I did yesterday, so that's a plus. But obviously I'm not 20 anymore.  I don't feel, look or act 20 and I'm not sure when the change happened because every day I have felt just like I did the day before...

As I drove to work today I tried to imagine I was 20 and who I would have wanted to be at 30. I'm happy to say, I think I would have been proud of the future me.  In my 30 years I've wracked up a life times worth of memories, experiences, successes and failures.  Bear with me, because I'd like to share what I have to show for my 30 years:

Loved Ones:
I feel very blessed and thankful for every person God has brought into my life. My family has grown so big. 2 loving, happily married parents, 6 siblings, 7 nieces and nephews and an adoring Grandma.  I never realized you could love so many people so much. My friends, co-workers and gym buddies show me daily how to be a better person. They forgive me when I'm frustrated, they laugh at my corny jokes and thankfully they love me when I'm annoying...

Health:
I'm thankful for my health and the track I am on to better myself.  I'm proud to say that I reached both of my fitness goals: 30 double-unders and 10 uninterrupted pull-ups by 30. I'm excited that I have begun this new life style. I feel like this is the foundation for a full and happy life.

Life:
I'm thankful for my awesome job and the  place I call home. My house is more than I could have ever dreamed of owning and I'm thankful every day I get to enjoy it! My real life group has changed my life... literally! Each girl has contributed to the quality and direction of my life.  Their continued support and acceptance for all my short comings is a blessing and comfort everyday. I've grabbed life by the horns. I've enjoyed jumping out of planes, hiking, riding horses, white water rafting, drinking too much, the Warrior dash... twice! long vacations, watching my nieces and nephews grow, moving to Arizona, moving back to Ohio, Crossfitting and the spontaneity of LIVING!

Emotions:
I've felt heart break and loss of loved ones. but I've also felt love and acceptance. I've held babies, and loved my family. I've been bruised, cut and fallen down many times but I also know what a loving embrace feels like, and I can recognize a memory in the making. I've helped people through hard times and I've latched on to others during my own.

Love:
I've loved! I've loved and been loved.  By God, my family, by extended family, by friends and my church. I've been loved by my best friend, a man, my dog, and even by people I've never met... it's true!

Slim:

I have the best friend a man can have.  She has spent the last 9 years watching me struggle to get fit and never judged when I failed. She's licked the tears from my face and has busted my lip open out of excitement.  She has helped me get a job by jumping out of a 3rd story window and has never met a dog she didn't hate or human she didn't love. Her little vibrating body and kidney bean shape welcome me home every day. She forgives me when I'm angry with her and snuggles close when she's scared. Everyone who meets her loves her... and shes mine! :)





I'm 30, like it or not, and wouldn't change a thing for fear of missing out on any one of the things above... 




1 comment:

  1. and I couldn't be more excited or more proud to have been a part of your life for, let's see, Oh ya! Thirty Years.... love mom

    ReplyDelete