Friday, June 8, 2012

Girl Talk: Keepin' them Up, and Strappin' them Down

OK Ladies, if you're anything like me and have played sports all of your life, then you may have experimented with at least a hundred different sports bras before finding one that you were really happy with.  Options generally range from cute but completely non-supportive (sounds like some men I've dated, jk) to ridiculously overpriced.

There are plenty of special needs, especially for those women who are rocking the alphabet south of yours truly, but for the ABC crowd who are looking to "set it and forget it" without breaking the bank, I'd like to recommend a sturdy and affordable candidate.

I'm sure there are some purists out there that only buy athletic gear from speciality retailers and would never think to find decent items at the same place you get shampoo and paper towels. I thought this too, until I found these gems at Target. Like lots of brands now under the mighty bullseye's umbrella, Champion's C9 line of men and women's items is made (and priced) just for Target.

The two varieties I love are the Racerback and the Seamless Cami.  This provides some variety of straps depending on what you may want to wear over it. And they both come in tons of colors so you can reject the standard white if that's just not your style.


 Best of all, they are easy on the wallet at a cool $16.99. Looking for same items on Champion's website will turn up prices between $26-$32 for the same product. 

 These are literally the only sports bras I buy anymore. I feel contained without feeling suffocated and after many, many washes they have not lost their elasticity.

Sure I think lululemon's stuff is cute as kittens, but ultimately I need to reside somewhere other than the shopping bags of all of my workout clothes. Next time you're making a "Target run", stop by the women's athletic section and give it a try. You may be plesantly suprised.

2 comments:

  1. Good info! I just shrunk one of my sports bras (wish it was that the contents grew, but I'm pretty sure the dryer was to blame) and my only other one was pretty spendy. Good to know I don't need to send a fortune. - Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the D range and that's my choice. They work great and there more comfortable than most sports bras out there

    ReplyDelete